Carpet in Sacramento, CA
Carpet flooring has so much to offer that comfort is indeed just the beginning. Bringing color, texture, stain resistance, warmth, and design to all your favorite spaces, a new carpet can be just the change you’re seeking. We know that narrowing down your choices can be challenging at times: that’s why at Sacramento Flooring Carpet One Floor & Home, our onsite product experts are always here to answer your questions and steer you in the right direction.
What Are Carpet Fibers?
Your carpet’s fibers are at the heart of its overall appearance and function. Carpet fibers are a major deciphering factor in determining how your new rug will manage stains, spills, heavy wear, and sun exposure.
- Nylon carpet is one of the softest synthetic fibers available and is prized for its stain resistance. Nylon carpet can be pricy, but if kept clean, it can last for a long time.
- Polyester carpet is extremely soft, with an appearance like nylon. Nylon carpet is a lot more affordable, however. While once considered an inferior product, polyester carpets being sold today are much more durable than those of yore.
- Triexta carpet fibers are rather rough to the touch, with their fibers woven into subtle patterns. Since it’s made to stand up to heavy use and dirt, triexta carpets are frequently installed in commercial settings, but they have grown increasingly popular with families on the go.
- Olefin/polypropylene carpet is made with luxury in mind, with silky fibers that feel like velvet fabric. Olefin carpet often showcases fancy patterns, which are a wonderful addition to formal spaces. These types of synthetic carpets are more intended for looks than heavy-duty usage and are best reserved for quieter settings.
- Wool carpet fibers are extremely soft, with naturally sustainable fibers making them highly sought after. Extremely durable and made to hold tight to its dyes, wool carpet is renowned for having colors that seldom fade. It’s also naturally resistant to moisture, mold, and mildew.
Which Carpet Pile Type is Right For My Home?
When choosing your new carpet, it's important to consider the different types of piles available. Pile refers to the thickness and texture of the carpet fibers. When deciding what pile is right for your lifestyle, consider the level of traffic in that area and how often it will likely need to be cleaned. Let’s explore the five main piles below.
- Loop and Cut-loop pile carpet: This carpet pile is made by weaving loops of yarn into the carpet backing. The loops can be of varying heights, creating a variety of textures. Loop pile carpet is durable and easy to clean, making it a good choice for high-traffic areas.
- Berber carpet: Berber carpet has a textured surface created by woven looped fibers of varying heights. It is durable and easy to clean but can be more difficult to install than other types of carpet.
- Patterned carpet: Patterned carpet is made with both cut and looped yarns to create a variety of patterns, designs, and textures. It conceals footprints and vacuum marks well and is durable enough for high-traffic areas.
- Saxony carpet: Saxony carpet has tightly twisted cut pile fibers that are heat-set straight. Saxony carpet is soft and luxurious but can be more expensive than other types of cut pile carpet.
- Frieze carpet: Frieze carpet has a unique texture created by long, twisted fibers in a cut pile style. This gives it a slightly curled appearance that conceals footprints and vacuum marks well. It is a practical choice for areas with significant wear and tear.
Our Professional Carpet Installation
With so many different types of carpet flooring now available, it’s possible to enjoy a soft, welcoming surface in various indoor settings. Stain-resistant carpets can be used to brighten a kid’s room, a den, stairs, or hallway, while plush carpets are a delightful addition to the master bedroom. One general rule of thumb: carpeting isn’t compatible with spaces prone to excessive humidity or moisture, such as your bathroom or laundry room.
At Sacramento Flooring Carpet One Floor & Home, our tradition of finding more innovative flooring solutions makes us your preferred destination for smarter soft surfaces. Our expert carpet installers are committed to providing you with a flawless installation experience, backed by our comprehensive warranties. We work efficiently with your carpet warranty, so you can enjoy your new carpet sooner than expected. And in the rare event that you're not satisfied within 30 days, we'll replace it at no additional cost thanks to our “The Beautiful Guarantee”
Contact us or visit our showroom near you in Sacramento, CA. We proudly serve the surrounding areas of Arden-Arcade, Elk Grove, Florin, West Sacramento, Davis, Elverta, La Riviera, Parkway, Lemon Hill, Fruitridge Pocket, Iselton, Rosemont, Vineyard, Walnut Grove, Wilton, Woodland, Hood, Herald, and Freeport, CA.